Saturday, June 2, 2012

Short Film - What's the Deals?

Howdy hey!

A little over a year ago, I wrote and animated a short film in about a week...and now it's online for you to view! Yay!




I made the film so quickly because the deadline of a film festival was fast approaching. I originally wrote a completely different script over the course of two weeks, but when I  began animating on a Saturday a blustery windstorm caused power outages. That night, I went home and rewrote the entire script and re-storyboarded the piece. Luckily, the studio I work for is incredible generous and allowed me to use their studio and facilities, otherwise, this film wouldn't have gotten done.

From Sunday-Tuesday I animated nearly non-stop...almost completely giving up at one point on the final day. But I got a second wind and submitted the film 5 minutes before the midnight deadline. And it got into the film festival! Triumph!

Screenings
Atlanta Underground Film Festival, September 22 - 25, 2011. Atlanta, Georgia. USA.

Atlanta Shorts Fest, September 8 - 10, 2011. Atlanta, Georgia. USA.

The National Film Festival for Talented Youth, April 28 - May 1, 2011. Seattle, Washington. USA.

I can't say I recommend making a film that quickly, but I'm proud of what I was able to accomplish in that time and I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Go Andy! I love the way the yellow robot claps his robot hands every time he wins!

    ReplyDelete